St Andrews Juvenile Auxiliary Missionary Society
Name of creator(s): St Andrews Juvenile Auxiliary Missionary Society
Administrative/Biographical history: St Andrews Juvenile Auxiliary Missionary Society was formed in September 1822 under the auspices of the Independent (Congregational) Church, St Andrews with the aim of extending the knowledge of Christianity and supporting the cause of missions world wide. The Society concentrated on holding meetings with guest speakers, often missionaries, and raising subscriptions for missionary causes. In 1825 the Society joined with the Ladies Association in Aid of Missions and Schools and became the St Andrews Auxiliary Missionary Society.
Immediate source of acquisition:
CONTENT AND STRUCTURE
Scope and content/abstract: The volume contains minutes of meetings of the society and lists of members from 19 September 1822 to 7 December 1853.
System of arrangement:
ACCESS AND USE
Conditions governing access: Contact the repository for details.
Conditions governing reproduction: Contact the repository for details.
Finding aids: The Index to Manuscripts and the Inventory of Manuscripts held at New College Library mention the collection.
Archivist's note: Compiled by Caroline Brown, Edinburgh University Library, Special Collections and Archives.
Note: The history was compiled using information from the collection.
Date(s) of descriptions: 7 July 2000